Green smoothies are all the rage these days! I personally love them and the best part is experimenting with different fruits and veg. Smoothies are a great way to consume your fruit and veg so here is a little formula to help you when making your smoothie. For more exciting recipes visit my absolute favourite smoothie website: SIMPLE GREEN SMOOTHIES
SOME HELPFUL TIPS
- As fun and convenient as smoothies are try grabbing a fruit and chewing it instead of drinking it. Your digestive system may relax and get used to receiving fruit and veg in liquid form that it may have problems breaking down simple food. Variety is key!
- Avoid making your smoothie too cold because this will shut down your digestive system which makes it harder to break down nutrients, making your system overworked.
- Keep your recipes simple using 5 ingredients or less so it is easier for digestion.
- Mix up your ingredients frequently. The more variety there is in your diet the wider range of mineral, vitamins and antioxidant your body will get. This will help you attain optimal health and avoid any nutritional deficiencies.
- Drink your smoothie within 30 minutes. Avoid making a large smoothie and consuming it throughout the day, your digestive system needs to rest so it performs at its best.
LOVE YOUR BODY